Sunday, November 15, 2015

Past to Present



It was a beautiful, bright and sunny day outside. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky. When I looked out the window and up into the air all I saw was blue. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled at my reflection which smiled right back at me. I turned away from the mirror to start the water for the steaming hot shower I was going to take. I was looking forward to that hot shower. It was going to be the right start to a flawless day. However, when I stepped inside the shower the water was lukewarm. In fact, now that I think about it, it might have been borderline cold.
I quickly rushed through the shower, washing my body, hair, and face. I stepped out of the shower onto the cold marble floor, into a warm terry cloth robe. Despite the cool shower, I felt warm inside. I was calm. I walked out of the bathroom and turned right towards the closet. There right before my eyes hung my wedding dress. It was beautiful.


Word Bank
Reflection
Steaming
Flawless
Lukewarm
Borderline
Quickly


Definitions
1. Reflection = an image seen in a mirror
2. Steaming = very hot
3. Flawless = perfect, no mistakes
4. Lukewarm = slightly warm
5. Borderline = not clear
6. Quickly = fast


                                                           
                        What time is it? It’s learning time!
1. The chicken crossed the road __________.
2. My mom like her coffee to be ___________ hot.
3. Why is the water ___________?
4. The boy looked at his ____________ in the mirror.
5. The teacher said my homework was __________.
6. ____________ means not clear.


Grammatical structure used: Past tense
The reason past tense was used in my story was because I wanted you all to see that a story can be interesting and powerful when written in past tense. I want all of you to remember that past tense is equal to something that already happened.



No comments:

Post a Comment