Monday, September 14, 2015

The Wonderful Adventures of Superwoman

Welcome one and all to the extraordinary wonderful chaos that is my life. In fact, I affectionately titled all the amazing, complicated, neatly held together mess that is my life "The wonderful adventures of Superwoman".
How can a mess be wonderful? Well that is a great question. There is beauty in chaos. There is beauty in wiping the spaghetti stained face and hands of my daughter before she touches my laptop typing unknown letters. There is beauty in seeing the twinkle in her eyes as she somehow knows in the recesses of her toddler mind that she is about to do something naughty but yet she just can't seem to help herself. The lightening quick speed is which I have to protect my laptop, grab her hand, and then wipe her face simultaneously is nothing short of superhuman. I will let you ponder that for a while. Till next time. Up, up and away.



                                                         
WORD BANK

Extraordinary
Affectionately
Chaos
Twinkle
Recesses 
Simultaneously
  










                                                                   DEFINITIONS :

1) Extraordinary =  Different from what is normal.

2) Affectionately = Showing love

3) Chaos = Disorder / confusion

4) Twinkle = Sparkle of light

5) Recesses = Hidden place

6) Simultaneously = Happening at the same time 



What time is it? It's test your learning time!

1) Villians always cause _______ .
2) The little girl had a ______ in her eye.
3) The Mother bear ___________ hugs her cubs.
4) Jumping over tall buildings is __________.
5) I can rub my head and pat my stomach __________.
6) I remember things in the _______ of my mind.


Grammatical structure used: Present tense
The reason present tense was used in my story was because I wanted you all to see that a story can be interesting and powerful when written in present tense. I want all of you to remember that present tense is equal to something happening now.

Practice Exercise

1) I ________ to school everyday. ( walk, walked)

2) Why do they ________  home?  (walk, walked)

3) Can I _______ to the library with you? (walk, walks)

4) What time do they ________ home? (walk, walks)


Please visit the below link to  play a fun interactive game testing your understanding of present tense.

http://www.eslgamesplus.com/action-verbs-nouns-collocation-esl-vocabulary-pirate-board-game/

3 comments:

  1. Very nice start to your blog, Nicole! Your superwoman theme, use of visuals, and exercises are all great. I like that you put in a link. I couldn't get it to work, so one of use will show you how to insert the link. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the game! Great blog entry I really enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sentences you created for the vocab exercise. I can imagine all the students reading this trying to pat their heads and rub their stomachs at the same time.

    ReplyDelete