Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Party




There was so much to do. Everything needed to be perfect. My work had to be Exemplary. This was to be the biggest job I ever completed. This party was going to be the colossal. It was going to be the most superlative party ever. I had to pick up chairs for everyone to sit on. I had to get tables for everyone to eat on. I had to get tablecloths and tableware. There’s food and cakes to make and, gifts to purchase. My mom was going to have the most amazing birthday party ever. My mother never had a birthday party before. This is going to be her first one. It’s going to be great.


                                                       
WORD BANK
Exemplary
Colossal
Superlative
Tableware
Purchase
Amazing
  










DEFINITIONS:

1) Exemplary = Perfect

2) Colossal = Big


3) Superlative = best


4) Tableware = Dishes


5) Purchase = Buy


6) Amazing = Nice


                                                         What Time is it? It's learning time!


1) I went to the store to _______ milk.
2) The little girl had a ______ voice.
3) My Mother said to put the ___________ in the sink.
4) The building is __________.
5) My teacher said my work was__________.
6) Today is the _______ day of my life.


Grammatical structure used: Past tense
The reason past tense was used in my story was because I wanted you all to see that a story can be interesting and powerful when written in past tense. I want all of you to remember that past tense is equal to something that already happened.


Practice Exercise

1) I ________ to my friends last night. (talk, talked)

2) Why do they ________  so much?  (talk, talked)


3) Can I _______ to you? (talk, talks)


4) What time did he________ to you? (walk, walks)



Please visit the below link to play a fun interactive game testing your understanding of past tense.


http://lp.empire.goodgamestudios.com/?country=us&pid=30&gid=12&network=d&creative=60365163485&placement=www.marks-english-school.com&keyword=business%20intelligence%20definition&camp=22&adgr=13&gclid=CIKh28zMu8gCFUUXHwodtWwASw&lp=1emgn2

4 comments:

  1. Well done! I like your post and hope the party will be great. I am not sure about the game in the link. I didn't play it for very long, bout it might be hard for ELLs at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading the party story. I loved how you including the vocabulary in your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed how the post was fictional! Changes it up for students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you used vocabulary words we take for granted such as "tableware" and "purchase" in addition to more complex words like "exemplary."

    ReplyDelete